Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AnKi

Pets

Okay I played Ragnarok alot and then my account expired and i wasn't [paying for it my friend was and he has school and can't pay for it well anyways.

I think we should have pets like where we tame a rabbit, wolf, etc. and then we need to play with them, feed them, etc. and there only be a cetain type of food for each pet and a certain taming item.

I think that's a Great idea! Of course, way too many ways to manipulate them to get advantages. I know! Why not make a Pokemon Clone! We can Catch and Tame Wild Animals, have them Battle other Players' Animals, and even Breed them! That would be fun! Of course some may get sick of it. I don't know, besides the Rabbits, I don't think it's too Cutesy, do you?

Alright, so no Pokemon Clone. But the General Idea I like but I don't like the "Taming Item" idea. It doesn't make sense to need to possess an Item to to Tame an Animal. Taming Skill on the other hand I think is better.

all i can say is........

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem with the pets is that they take up valuble resources on the server. We can't have an unlimited number of players/monsters/npcs, so adding pets would require us to decrease the nukber of players or monsters.

On the other hand, with the summoning skill, people will be able to summon various animals, but the animals will have a short life, they will lose like 4 HP/minute, until they die, to avoid server overcrowding.